Subject: Amiga E Projects List
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 93 13:47:37 PDT

OK People! Here is what I got so far:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jeffrey J Peden ][ (WiZkId | [email-masked])

      * (E)(D)(S) - E Development System: Complete programming environment for
           the E language.  Gadtools GUI, 2.0+
           * Current state: GUI done; some routines working; needs memory
                            management help; needs editor; needs some RAID
           * Expected release: Early September; coincide w/ E 2.5?
      * GammaMail - Centralized E-Mail management system: Integrated QWK
           reader, point mail processor (Fido), UUCP (?) implementation,
           simple serial i/o functions to execute sricpt in order to retrieve
           QWK packets, Arexx port for calling other programs from main
           interface, built in editor.
           * Current state: Started as port of GammaTag from ARexx; GammaTag
                            3.0 never made it past GUI implementation;
                            Scrapped/Put on hold for now; needs a solid base.
           * Expected Release: N/A
===============================================================================
    George Beasley (BeanMan | [email-masked])

      * CreepShow - D&D type adventure/RPG: Features great looking interface,
           animations, modular editors(registered version only). 64 colors.
           AGA version to come.
           * Current state: 2.x  almost ready for  eta release. Anims need to
                            be implemented.  Editors for objects, maps and
                            others near final.  After   release, just bug
                            fixes.
           * Expected release: Early August. 3.0 should be ready about one
                               week after 2.x is released in  eta.

      * (E)(D)(S) - Co-Working on the (E)(D)(S) project. See WiZkId

      * Sound-Off - GUI front-end for UPD.  Allows playing of sounds, ids, and
           speaking through UPD sound-daemon.
           * Current state: 1.7 ready for release. 2.0 will feature viewing of
                            samples through interface. Possible AppIcon
                            feature.
           * Expected release: 1.7 ready for release; 2.0 Mid-Late August
===============================================================================
    Mark Langston ([email-masked] | [email-masked])

      * FLUID  - a cognitive model of text comprehension based on Walter
           Kintsch's Construction-Integration model.  Will allow
           parsing of text, automatic semantic-net construction,
           AI-based auto-propositionalizing of texts.  Full GUI.
           * Current state: N/A
           * Expected release: N/A

      * KIWi - a port of an AI project developed here at the DFKI.  Learns
           from text and/or examples (current implementation learns how
           to program in LISP).  Also generates it's own examples (could
           be extended to actually write programs).  Full GUI.  Will
           interface with FLUID for understanding plaintext, such as
           manuals.
           * Current state: N/A
           * Expected release: N/A

      * SemSpace - A knowledge representation method based on the concept of
           semantic spaces.  Will include routines for holographic
           indexing, and possible multidimensional folding for storage
           efficiency.  Meant to be a back-end 'memory' for FLUID and KI
           * Current state: N/A
           * Expected release: N/A

      * AmiTierra - A port of the now-famous Tierran Artificial Life virtual
           computer, found in Unix and MS-DOS implementations, currently.
           This thing is crying out for an Amiga port, since it requires
           multitasking.
           * Current state: N/A
           * Expected release: N/A

      * NVir - A testbed environment for multiple autonomous agents.  Ideal for
           experimenting with Artificial Life concepts, robot control
           structures, etc.  256-color, 3D, multiple POV, with several
           agents included.  Will include an 'Agent Factory', to allow quick
           development of simple agents with multiple sensor arrays.  Will
           also provide Vir, a flexible agent design language for those who
           want to work from the ground up.  
           * Current state: N/A
           * Expected release: Mid '94.  Should be beta'ed by Feb/March of '94.
===============================================================================
  Joseph E. Van Riper ]I[  ([email-masked] | [email-masked])
  Cheese Olfactory Workshop (COW)

      * Quip - The Fortune Cookie Program From Hell: The most flexible fortune
           cookie program ever written on any platform.  Req. WB 2.04+
           Quip provides for environment variable support, prefix & suffix
           files, reqtools.library requesters, sequential or random
           selection of quips, QuipScript reading (very powerful),
           date/time support, Citadel support, multiple-quip generation,
           and too many more features to go into.  Noone should want for
           a better fortune cookie program.  Ever.
           * Current State: Release 0.07d, finished most routines, few more
                            bug fixes needed, now trying to implement xpk 
                            routines so datafiles can be crunched.
           * Expected release: Probably late August, regardless of the state
                            of Quip, I'll finally release it to the general
                            public because I won't have enough time to work 
                            on it as enthusiastically.
      * QuipArc - supplement prog for Quip: uses xpk support for crunching
           quips down.  Give it a datafile, tell it how the quips are
           separated, and QuipArc will generate a new datafile for Quip
           to use.  If you want the new datafile to be crunched with
           an xpk library, it'll do it.
           * Current State: Nowhere NEAR finished.  Barely started
           * Expected release: Hopefully late August, with Quip.
===============================================================================
   Dave Higginson ([email-masked])

      * (No Name) - A simple and flexible Intuition Database for the Amiga
           * Current state: Not started
           * Expected release: N/A
      * (No Name) - A Play by mail game. The basic idea is that you get 
           several players, who each get the same map. They have to decide
           what to do, and then issue orders back to the person running 
           the game on what to do next.
           * Current state: Not Started
           *Expected release: N/A
===============================================================================

Thanx to all who have already added their info.  Everything looks like it will
be very interesting when finsihed. 

Don't forget to add stuff you have already written, and anything you are
thinking about writing.  Any ideas you have for a program should go here.
Also, you can put out a request for help here in this list.

 / / /
/_/_/iZ

MODULE 'WiZkId'
PROC main()
  wizkid.inetaddress:=[email-masked]'
  wizkid.realname:='Jeffrey J Peden ]['
ENDPROC

*-- GammaTag Version 2.8 --*
*-- Modesty is good bait when fishing for praise.